Verified Reviewer

I booked a vacation through this company using their payment plan feature, which required a down payment of $198, however, when I went to select my seats for the flights, I was advised that the airline tickets actually are not reserved until after I make my first full payment on the trip of $550. Ok fine.

Understandable. A day later, I learn that I will not be able to go on this trip after all due to a work conflict. I am booking a trip in November for travel in March, and supposedly, according to BookIt, my flights are not even reserved yet as I have only made the down payment of $198 at this time. So I go online and cancel the booking and am advised there is a $50 cancellation fee.

Ok. Fine. Seems fair. So at this point, I am expecting to have the remainder of my deposit returned, minus the cancellation fee.

INSTEAD, bookit attempts to charge my credit card over $1200. When I call to ask them about this, they say that my flights are non-refundable and that I will have to pay the $1200, even though, according to their previous communication with me, my flights are not booked until I make the $550 payment, which I had not done. So how are you charging me for something you never even reserved on my behalf? Makes no sense.

I even contacted the airline to see if these flights had been reserved for me and they advised me they had not.

So BookIt is attempting to charge me over $1200 for no service or product actually provided. I am simply going to cancel the credit card they are attempting to charge on and order a new one, but BUYER BEWARE THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bookit Vacation Package Booking.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: I would like my deposit returned minus the $50 cancellation fee, so $148..

Bookit Cons: All, Cancellation exchange policy, Fraudulant, Website functionality.

Comments