I used Bookit.com to book our all inclusive honeymoon vacation with round trip airport transfers to Cancun in October of 2015. We booked at the Golden Parnassus resort 1/28/2016-2/4/2016. Two days ago I emailed the resort directly to ask a few questions. I received an email back from the Golden saying our reservation has been cancelled. Today, I immediately called Bookit.com's customer service line to make sure everything was in order since we leave in 7 days.
After being on hold for almost an hour and a half I was told that due to a computer issue Bookit.com system hadn't paid the hotel and that is why they (the Hotel) cancelled our reservation. The person I was speaking with said they would find a different resort for us to go to. I specifically asked if it was going to cost more money than what I already paid. She said she would work it out with the Supervisor to cover any extra cost if there was any. This is how it should have been handled.
After being put on hold again, she came back to say they could get us in at Ocean Maya Royale. However, it was going to cost me and EXTRA $685 on top of what I already paid. So because Bookit.com computer system screwed up, I am responsible to pay extra? This is my husbands and my honeymoon! We saved for a long time to make sure we could take a honeymoon. I don't have hundreds of dollars just laying around. I think it's disgusting that Bookit.com wouldn't make it right when it was THEIR FAULT my reservation was cancelled. Not only did I have to pay an extra $685 for the hotel, I also had to pay an extra $60 for our transportation because this hotel is in a different area of Cancun.
After trying to get the first lady I talked to to cover the added cost for their system issues without and luck I asked to speak with the manager or supervisor. I sat on hold again while she connected me to him. I explained the whole situation and he told me the same thing she did. They would not cover the added cost due to their mistake. I pleaded and yelled. I asked to speak to someone higher than him. He said there was nobody else to talk to. I asked to speak with the CEO, I was denied again. All total, I spent 2 hours and 35 minutes on this phone call to get absolutely nowhere. So, according to them I had 2 choices, cancel everything and loose several hundred dollars in cancellation fees and not get to go on a honeymoon at all. Or, pay the extra cost that I really can't afford. I shouldn't have had to make that choice. I paid the extra money because I didn’t want to throw money away on cancellation fees with absolutely nothing to show for it. Now, I will not get to fully enjoy my honeymoon because I am worried about the money. I am not looking to get a free trip out of the deal. I am looking for Bookit to pay the extra cost for what they screwed up.
I see there are several other people on here that this has happened to. I've contacted the BBB, all of my local news stations (one of them responded wanting the phone number I called etc.), left a horrid review on their website which they responded to with a "someone will contact you". Nobody has as of yet. I am also working with a someone from the Star Tribune to see if they can help. If I don't hear anything soon I am going to file a complaint with the Attorney General in Florida. I am more than willing to take this to court if needed!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Number of Destinations|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Losing money
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Bookit Vacation Package Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "We booked a condo unit in Seoul just this past June for 9 people. The title is "Celebrities areas and family, group stay" with Jay and Rana. The price was..."
- "Our video of the Sandos Playacar in Playa del Carmen Mexico..."
- "Villa Del Palmar is a fabulous resort with an amazing and friendly staff. The various restaurants have great quality food along with fantastic pricing. Their wood fire pizza is sooo..."
- "Hi my name is Tyler and I have a peanut allergy. I was always safe with Oreos my whole life then and I trusted your brand but then I bought..."
- "I bought a pair of boots in the fall. They were little booties with leather fringes. The very first day I wore the boots.. The fringes started falling off. Every..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."