Show reviews that mention
trip money hotel book refund customer service vacation service customer phone
Filter review

Bookit The Westin Puntacana Resort And Club Room Booking Review from Columbus, Ohio

My husband & I booked a trip to Punta Cana last week. We are on a budget so we were very careful to look at "all inclusives" ONLY! The site took us to all inclusive deals, so we thought. We booked a trip to the Westin Punta Cana Resort & Club. It wasnt until we had gotten all the way to the Dominican Republic from Columbus, Ohio USA that we find out it is NOT "all inclusive" as they had advertised. Here we are at this beautiful resort & had the understanding that our meals would be included & they were not. I could not call Book It.com because we were having trouble w/phone service. This resort was far from anywhere to find our meals at a reasonable cost. The Westin Hotel associates explained to us that this has happened numerous times before. Obviously this is an on-going problem. We are very disappointed in Book It. We will never book again through them. We will definitely NEVER return to Punta Cana. False advertising Book It & Westin. Shame on you! Mr. & Mrs. Thomas
#1207595

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER USE BOOKIT.COM. THEY ARE THE WORST TRAVEL COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.

My husband and I booked a trip to a resort in Mexico.

Bookit charged our credit card TWICE FOR THE SAME TRIP. To get that straightened out took my bank calling because of course, bookit "could only see one set of charges." The refunds take 30 days. Then we got ready to check out of our resort, and they had no payment for our trip. We had to call bookit and they hung up on me and the concierge multiple times.

We almost missed our flight home trying to get the payment from bookit.

They finally gave our resort a credit card payment and it was declined multiple times. DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!

Service
Bookit The Westin Puntacana Resort And Club Room Booking
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Bookit - Very poor customer service

Tried to reach someone for the last 3 days for a trip that I am supposed to go on in 2 days and have had no luck. Been on hold for more than hour before I keep giving up and still no luck. Never received an itinerary so I have no information. Asked to speak to a supervisor and placed on hold an additional 45 minutes before I decided to hang up once again. This is *** poor customer service and needs to be fixed. When you provide a service and take someone's hard earned money, you should at least be able to have the assistance made available to you when issues like this happen.
Loss

Bookit.com - BEWARE!!!

Bookit.com are shysters!!! i was of lured by their "great deals per person" flight + hotel and once you check out there's a large fee for booking with them. Beware, its easy to get pulled in with just a few clicks. My advice is to be follow the charges on the left hand side of the window. My "deal" easily went from $580 per person to $909.77 per person. Not to mention there was a no refund policy. After being thrown around in their cue and being on hold with customer service, i was able to speak to someone who actually helpful. Still i was ripped off.
#519475

I used bookit.com for a trip to Miami and I have no complaints. They gave me a great deal with no extra fees. I had to pay a resort fee but I didn't pay that until I checked out of the hotel.

Thank you for your comment. We sincerely apologize for any instance in which our site made you feel as if you were misled.

We pride ourselves on not charging our customers fees for bookings - however, we are not able to control the taxes and airline surcharges. Those charges are set beyond our control. We are extremely happy that someone in our customer cared department was able to assit you, and certainly hope that you did not make a purchase of anything unwillingly.

If this is indeed the case, please give us a call back - we are not in the business of forcing purchases upon our customers. Again, thank you for your comment, and hopefully we can arrive at a solution that elates you!

View more comments (1)
Service
Bookit Flight Booking

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection

1.6
Compare Bookit vs Expedia

Latest Question

How do I get my refund

I booked a trip to Jamaica. It was cancelled by book it.com due to covid. Visa will not allow my bank to refund me my money because it is covid related. I am out of 1000 and my trip has been cancelled. How do I get a refund?

Bookit Questions