Last month I booked a room at Cardiff by the Sea in Encinitas, Ca. for Valentine’s Day this year. I received a confirmation from the BookIt site and my card was charged immediately just as the email stated. When we arrived at the hotel on Saturday, February 14, ready for our romantic evening by the sea, the hotel staff could not locate our reservation. When I handed her the confirmation papers she said that Bookit.com never sent them the reservation and of course being it was also a holiday weekend (Presidents Day) their hotel was completely booked. Their staff was so nice they even jumped online looking for a hotel for us caused by the mistake BookIt made. After three phone calls to Bookit.com (and being hung up on once and being put on hold for over 30 minutes each time!) their reps kept calling the hotel to secure a room but the receptionist kept telling them there was no room available anywhere for 100 miles unless we wanted to pay $500-$600 a night. She told Bookit.com that it was their error and not the hotels and that Bookit should be finding us a room for ANY cost and securing it. The Bookit rep even admitted to the hotel staff they forgot to forward the reservation and then sent it while we were standing there, and also faxed them another sheet stating the reservation was canceled by the “Traveler”, really? How can I cancel a reservation they never even forwarded in the first place!!! We were over 400 miles from home and nowhere to sleep but our rental car which was a tiny convertible. Bookit offered no help to us whatsoever other than refunding our money which was the least of my worries….we needed a place to stay and could find nothing anywhere. Needless to say BookItowes us big time since their inability to send an email to the hotel was apparently too much to ask.

We will NEVER use your company again and I have freely told all my friends and family about your error and the mess you created on what should have been a very special night. I also book all of the corporate travel through Bookit but they lost that account also because I can’t chance a member of my board showing up at a hotel and having no place to stay. Their customer service sucks to put it politely!

Rick and Tami Wallenburg

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of bookit customer care. Bookit needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned bookit customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Bookit.

Comments

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #951707

Wow, I am very glad you wrote this review. I will remember that when making my travel plans for this summer.